Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer Hair Challenge: Days 34-45

Hey Girls! I am back from my trip! I have the first 11 days (The part when i was on my trip) and then later on I will post the rest of the pictures from the last super busy week! I hope you had a great July! I am sorry I didn't post them sooner, but life got too busy. Anyway, here are the hairstyles that I did during my trip! I am doing something a little different from the past just because I don't have time to write the instructions for every single hairstyle right now, so I will add the ones that are more complicated now, and then I'll have a poll that you can vote on to choose which hairstyles you want me to add descriptions to later. 
Have an awesome day!
~Kaylen




(The order of the "days" is not the same way I wore them, but I did wear all of these hairstyles.)
Day 34:
This is a quick hairstyle that is super quick to do. I ended up doing this one on the plane because it was comfortable  and kept my hair out of the way.
 1. Take your hair off to one side and secure with a hair binder.
2. Take the hair just above the ponytail and separate it into two sections (so that you're making a hole in the hair)
3. Flip the ponytail through the hole. Repeat at least once.
4. (This step is optional) Create another "ponytail" a couple of inches below the first one and repeat with the new area. Continue down the length of your hair.
 Day 35:
This hairstyle is one that doesn't take much time either. Simply take all of the hair from the front inch and top of your head and start to make a four strand braid and braid it all the way down to the end of your hair. Then take the rest of your hair and put it in a ponytail at the middle of the back of your head. Twist the hair into a bun and pin in place. Wrap the braid around the bun and secure with bobby pins.


 Day 36:
This is a super quick hairstyle. it is also really similar to the three strand braided bun that I did earlier this summer, but instead of a three strand braid, use a four strand braid. It gives it more of an intricate look and seems to add more volume to the bun.

 Day 37:
This is a really popular hairstyle that works great if you're going to the beach or if its super humid outside. 


 1. Take the hair from one side of your head and create a french fishtail braid going diagonally towards the other side of your head. 
2. Once you run out of hair to add into the braid, fishtail braid regularly all the way down to the end of your hair. (try not to leave several inches of extra hair at the end.)
3. Secure with a small hair binder.
4. Wrap the end of the braid up and around the area where you began the regular fishtail braid and pin in place.



 Day 38:
This is a really fun hairstyle that is simple but looks super fun. I get compliments on it every time I wear it.
 1. Separate your hair into two equal sections as if you were going to do pigtails. (This hairstyle also works best if you part your hair in the center.)
2. Place a long scarf in your hair and make sure it hangs evenly so the ends are the same length. 
3. Then, (this is a temporary step) create a simple three strand braid with the scarf being one of the sections on the side you don't want to start with. Secure with a hair binder for the time being.
4. Take the other side of your head and make a section about two inches from the center part of your hair that goes back about 2-3 inches and separate it into two sections. (the middle/third section is the scarf)
5. Start creating a french braid but make sure you don't add any hair when it is time to add hair to the scarf section!
6. Then braid regularly the rest of the way down.
7. Take the regular braid out on the other side (the braid from step 3) and repeat the process  from steps 4-6.
 Day 39:
This is a super fast hairstyle! I took the same scarf that I used in Day 38 and used that as a headband. All I did with this hairstyle is I created a loose bun towards the top of my head and then added the scarf.

 Day 40:
This is a super-duper fast hairstyle and I don't think it really needs any explanation.
Day 41:
 This is also super easy. Take a section of hair about 1-1 1/2 inches big from the top of your head and create a french braid down to behind your ear and secure in a side ponytail.
Day 42: 
This is a fabulous hairstyle that was created by one of my favorite hairstyle bloggers. the link to her video is HERE
Day 43: 
This is a slightly tricky hairstyle that also requires super long hair. It is simple, but it might take a couple of tries to get it right. what you do is separate your hair into two equal sections and tie them in a knot twice and secure with a hair binder.
Day 44: 
This is a quick hairstyle that works great especially if your hair is a little bit wet or if you have more texture to your hair. it ended up looking a little bit messy on me because my hair is so smooth that it didn't want to stay it its proper place.
 This is like the rope braid ponytail i did a while ago but instead of having to twist to regular sections together, you are twisting a braid section and a regular section together.
 Day 45:
This is a hairstyle that I came up with because I wanted something that looks super complicated and makes people want to ask you how you do it. 
 1. create three sections on one side of your head. the front one should be a little bit smaller than the others. The middle one should be only a little bigger than the front one and the back one should be a fair amount bigger because you are going to french braid the hair over to the side where the rest of the braid is.
2. In the front section take a small section from underneath it ad braid it into a small three strand braid and secure with a small hair binder. 
3. Take the middle section and braid it into a regular three strand braid all the way to the end of the hair.
4. Then take the back section and create a french braid from the top of the opposite side of your head towards the rest of the hair. Braid in a regular three strand braid all the way down to the end of the hair. 
5. Take the hair (front section) that's not braided and weave it back and forth in between the two regular large braids to connect them.
6. Take the small braid and do the same thing but make sure it is always toward the front of the braid.
7. Secure all of the hair at the end with a small/medium hair binder.




You have to accept whatever comes along and the only important thing is that you meet it with the best you have to give.
~Elanor Roosevelt


No comments:

Post a Comment